Sunday, October 19, 2014

Facebook Vs Twitter


In terms of related hashtags # that are similar to my topic, I found out about #traveltips, which talks about travel and different peoples tips on travel especially relating to the missing Malaysian airline and the second Malaysian airline which was shut down a few months ago.

Furthermore, with the rise of Ebola, I found the hashtag #travelban talking about a travel ban for affected countries from visiting the United States.

 

Well the first tweet was kind of advertising, showing the best search engines and website to use for searching for an affordable ticket.
 



I used that site to purchase most of my flight tickets both domestic and international, I found out that flight agents buy the seats from the airlines in bulk and often at a discounted prices, hence making their prices cheaper. In the long run you save as much as $50 dollars if you compare current prices with the airline.

 

I am not a great fan of twitter, I personally prefer Facebook for my communication and collaboration with my friends and colleagues, participating in this exercise made me realize that it not possible to edit a tweet, well I might be wrong here since I am just a novice user of twitter. Facebook affords a user to edit, delete or hide a post unlike Twitter which only lets you to delete it.

 

I found Twitter to be a great tool for spreading information rapidly i.e. news, breaking news and life occurrences to your family or friends, although Facebook offers this feature too but the beauty of twitter is that you have limited characters, perhaps that inspires the brevity of the messages or tweets and the use of colloquial slangs to abbreviate meanings.

In my own view, in terms of the ease of use and feel, Facebook is the better choice especially for new social media users.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment